The Public Service Management Division (PSMD) wishes to inform its stakeholders that in view of the declaration of COVID – 19 as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the subsequent measures instituted by the Government of the Republic of Zambia, to contain the spread of the virus in the country, the following has been effected:
- All visitors to the Division shall be required to put on a face mask, failure to which entry to the premises shall be denied;
- The Division shall only attend to visitors on an appointment basis, concerning critical matters that cannot be addressed electronically;
- The use of electronic means to communicate with the Division is being encouraged;
- The Division shall provide a bucket with clean water and soap as well as alcohol-based sanitizers at strategic points within the premises. All visitors shall be required to either wash their hands with soap and/or sanitize before being ushered in;
- The Division has devised a rotational working schedule for members of staff; with some officers electronically working from their homes. Only core staff are required to report for work daily; and
- All face-to-face meetings amongst or with our members of staff have been suspended until further notice. Henceforth, all meetings shall be held electronically using such platforms as WhatsApp Video calls, Skype for Business, and Zoom.
Given the foregoing measures, the Division wishes to advise all its clients to avoid physically visiting any of its offices for non-critical matters.
Note: Matters submitted electronically to the Division shall receive the same prompt attention as those manually submitted in a paper-based format, although, some matters submitted might take slightly longer than usual to be addressed.
Click here for the Division’s contacts.